Advanced Analytics & Modelling Analyst, 12 Month Contract, Sydney CBD
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people’s financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations.
Each of us globally is dedicated to offering outstanding service, excellent advice and intuitive solutions to help our customers manage their finances in the ways they want to. Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your initiative, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things.
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
The Strategy & Operation team supports IB&M strategic priorities and encompasses five distinct functions: Strategy, Business Support, Client Analytics, Portfolio Analytics & Segmentation and the Innovation Lab.
Portfolio Analysis and Segmentation (PAS) provide targeted and timely analytics to help frontline teams understand their customers, anticipate their needs, and tailor solutions/offers to match those needs. Development and embedding analytical sales tools to empower frontline teams with unique actionable insights and innovative solutions for customer retention, needs identification and acquisition opportunities. Provide both tactical and strategic analytical and segmentation support to help IB&M and B&PB businesses identify opportunities, risks and productivity improvements.
Your impact & contribution:
Provide targeted and timely analytics to help frontline teams understand their customers, anticipate their needs, and tailor solutions/offers to match those needs. Development and embedding analytical sales tools to empower frontline teams with unique actionable insights and innovative solutions for customer retention, needs identification and acquisition opportunities.
- Analyse and data mine large CBA datasets and external sources to identify and package information into a easily consumable format Transform data/information into actionable insights
- Research/understand client business needs and client industries to identify relevant analytics and insights that will enhance our clients’ success
- Support Analytics Senior Manager to deliver innovative analytics-driven products and services that help our client to run their business better
- Support in developing concepts/prototypes to test/validate the insights value from client perspective.
- Work with the Analytics Solution team to package the ideas/concepts into tangible/scalable analytics “products” that empower our teams to have value-add/strategic conversations with clients and empower clients in decisions making
Your experience and qualifications:
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Efficient time management skills
- Extensive Microsoft Office experience
- Ability to analyse and derive insights from large datasets
- Strong SQL Skills (Teradata and SQL Server)
- Ability to translate technical information/data insights to non-technical audiences
- Academic background in a quantitative field such as: statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, econometrics or related discipline
- Statistical Modelling skills (e.g. SAS, R) would be desirable Exposure to Big Data (e.g. Hadoop) would be advantageous Understanding of machine learning, regression algorithm and statistics would be advantageous
- The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we’re committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we’ll support you at every stage of your career.