Analytics & Reporting Business Analyst
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
The 55 million tonnes per annum Roy Hill Project represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port projects to be developed in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated 115 kilometres north of Newman, in one of the world’s premier iron ore provinces, the world class Roy Hill Project is the only independent iron ore project with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine of life of more than 20 years, the Roy Hill Project is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
Roy Hill is currently seeking an experienced Business Analyst. The position will be based at the Remote Operations Centre located near the Perth International Airport.
Working as part of the analytics and reporting team, the Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering requirements and assisting the team to rapidly deliver high impact visualisations in a variety of tools. The prime function of this position is to work with key stakeholders to help them clearly identify the decisions that need to be made and how analytics and reporting can provide a solution.
Key responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Lead business stakeholders and application support analysts using a logical thinking process to define problems that will be solved with analytics and reporting.
- Undertake requirements gathering activities to deliver effective and optimised reporting and analytics services.
- Proactively engage relevant stakeholders in the development of fit for purpose visualisations.
- Work with application support teams to ensure that proposed solutions promote efficiency and effectiveness, and follow the principles of continuous improvement.
- Assist with ongoing reporting and analytics issues and provide solutions.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Proven track record of agile delivery.
- Efficient problem solver that works effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to mentor and be a thought leader to others.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Comfortable working with raw data sets as part of data discovery.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to design appropriate visualisations that accurately represents the data and provides answers to specific and relevant questions.
- Relevant development experience in the iron ore industry.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or Engineering.
If you meet the requirements for this position and would like to play a key role in the landmark Roy Hill Project, please apply online now.
Applications will close on 17th April 2017.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.