Associate Quantitative Analyst
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
- Exciting and Unique company
- Potts Point moving to the coolest office space in the CBD in March
- Casual, social, sporty office environment
We are after a Quant to work for this cool company in Potts Point which will soon be moving to a new office in the CBD.
The vision they have for the office will compete with Google on a smaller scale! Think: Lounge, library, cubby house, games area, stand up / sit down desks, coffee and snacks.
Skills & Experience required
You must possess a passion for data and sports with an in depth level understanding of statistics and the application of statistical techniques to data analysis, specifically in the field of predictive model development.
- Minimum 2 years’ commercial experience
- Exceptional academic record
- University studies in a quantitative field such as mathematics / statistics (or engineering) Bsc (hons), MSc+
- Experience using quantitative software packages (R, Python, Matlab, Mathematica)
- Exposure to big data processing frameworks (Apache Flink, Spark, Beam) is an advantage
- Exposure to object-orientated programming or a scripting language is an advantage
- Knowledge of SQL / understanding of relational database concepts is an advantage
- Proficient Excel / Tableau skills, with ability to analyse and present summary level data effectively
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to work in a team with an eye for detail
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English and excellent writing skills
- A passion for all things Football (Soccer)
In your role you will act as an analyst within the Research & Development team focusing on feature development and exploratory data analysis while providing general quantitative support to Senior Quantitative Analysts in their specialist area. Use your in-depth knowledge and understanding of correlation, multivariate regression and all aspects of massaging data together to discover & investigate relationships in sports data for use in predictive modelling.
- Perform quantitative analysis on sports data, reporting on the coverage, integrity and validity of data sets
- Using your drive & resilience to persevere with challenging and detailed investigations into discrepancies
- Perform integration and quality assurance testing of model features and data processing components
- Using your passion & in depth knowledge of team sports, you’ll build on existing research and develop new ideas to improve models.
- Documentation & technical writing