Coles Profit & Loss Lead
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
- ASX Top 20 Listed Company
- Work for one of Australia’s largest General Insurers
- Sydney or Melbourne Based
About IAG & Satellite
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it’s not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it’s about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. Visit our website to find out more www.iag.com.au
Powered by IAG, our Satellite division has a mission to fast track the future of a safer world for everyday Australians. We will pave the way for change and will create and deliver value for all our customers. We share the values and purpose of IAG however we will take a bold new low cost approach to disrupting the market and our people are at the heart of all that we do!
About the Role
Reporting to the Coles Profit & Loss Manager, the Coles P&L Lead is responsible for leading the business activities that will assist the business achieve financial objectives for the Coles Insurance portfolio.
- Assisting the management of the Coles portfolio to achieve growth and profit targets
- Lead the relationship with other internal and external stakeholders to drive activities to achieve portfolio objectives
- Working with the broader Coles Insurance team to ensure alignment of product and pricing strategy
- Recommend and implement pricing changes based on portfolio and competitor insights. Co-ordinate and implement new pricing and underwriting rules to ensure performance in line with key budget targets
- Living and breathing a test and learn philosophy to ensure Coles Insurance maintains its title as the bold challenger in the insurance market
- Lead the analysis of portfolio and financial insights (portfolios KPIs, claims, competitor monitoring, and financial budgets) to formulate product / pricing recommendations for Coles Insurance portfolio, to ensure the team manages Profit & Loss responsibilities
- Leading budget and reforecast requirements and monitoring monthly performance to targets
- Providing monthly reports on portfolio performance and identifying activities and other initiatives needed to align back to budget expectations
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Commerce, Mathematics or related field
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ insurance experience in either a product, pricing or portfolio management role
- Exceptional knowledge of the insurance industry evident from numerous positions in a large and complex organisation
- Proven analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills with the ability to identify risks and impacts
- Demonstrated ability to form effective relationships at senior levels across and outside an organisation
- Ability to drive results, operate and make decisions independently to achieve target outcomes
- Ability to influence and lead challenging conversations with internal management and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and have exceptional flexibility
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office and excellent reporting skills
- High level communication skills, both verbally and written
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to manage multiple domains
- Financial acumen and strong analytical skills
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the “Apply” button below
and attach your resume and cover letter.