This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
The Cancer Institute NSW is Australia’s first state wide cancer control agency, established in 2003 to lessen the impact of cancer across the state. Working at the Cancer Institute NSW means joining a team of committed and dedicated staff who are proud to be a part of the Institute’s purpose of overseeing and accelerating the effectiveness of cancer control in NSW.
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake complex and large-scale data analytics and contribute to cancer control in NSW, within the Screening and Prevention Division
The Data Analyst is responsible for the maintenance, management and analysis of BreastScreen NSW data, to support performance monitoring, reporting and new research into cancer screening and prevention. This will include undertaking investigative data analysis into service operation to inform performance improvement of BreastScreen NSW services, undertaking large-scale data linkages, implementing data quality review and mass data cleansing processes, as well as carrying out routine reporting and data requests.
- Tertiary qualifications in statistics/biostatistics, mathematics, engineering or IT, or a related discipline; or demonstrated equivalent professional experience
- Strong experience in the development/maintenance of large scale information systems and complex database structures, such as data warehousing, relational database design and data cleansing and/or migration.
- Experience with undertaking data analysis and reporting on large using SQL coding and advanced Excel
- Well developed organising, analytical thinking and problem solving, skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and independently with minimal supervision
- Understanding of and commitment to comply with relevant confidentiality and privacy guidelines.
Temporary Full Time role up to November 30 2016, with possibility of role extending
Health Manager level 2 Salary range $88,612 – $105,101 (plus superannuation)
$88,612 – $105,101 (plus superannuation)