Data Scientist – Perm – Sydney
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
- Perm role based in a very prime location!
- Required – Very strong hand on experience in SQL, R, ML and stats
- Australian citizenship – Very highly regarded
My client is seeking a Data Scientist with at least 2-3 years of commercial hands on advanced analytics experience to be part of a very high performing team of analysts, data scientists, and consultants.
In this role, you will apply machine learning, statistics and advanced analytics concepts and models to extract insights from large datasets. You will be part of a growing team and contribute towards some really exciting projects.
- Explore large datasets, discover trends and patterns and extract insights
- Apply Statistical/Machine Learning techniques to build data product and features.
- Develop scripts to extract and analyze large data sets and build statistical models
- Test and verify scripts and models to ensure accuracy of the results
- Work with domain experts to validate and interpret findings
Your skills and experience:
- Australian citizenship – Very highly regarded, due to the nature of the job and clients. If you are an Australian citizen, please mention in your resume.
- Post graduate qualification in either of the following: Statistics/ML/Mathematics
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a commercial advanced analytics and insights environment
- Solid skills in SQL and R for data extraction and manipulation and to create reports and dashboards.
- Skills in NLP, text mining, or network analysis ? Highly Preferred
- Passionate about Data science and what it can do
- Great team player
- Loads of enthusiasm!