This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
The Company Buildings Alive is a creative, agile and ambitious organisation helping to maximise the operational efficiency of large commercial buildings and thereby limit greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental impacts.
We invest approximately 50% of our capacity in cutting edge R&D and are continually advancing the data analytics platform that sits at the core of everything we do.
Visit our website to find out more: http://www.buildingsalive com
We are looking for a Data Scientist / Engineer to join our Sydney- based team working on large volumes of data from environmental sensors and utility (electricity, water, gas) meters. In this role you will contribute to the development and optimisation of our data analysis platform, working in collaboration with our diverse team of highly skilled and experienced engineers and scientists.
The role is based in Sydney CBD; however there is an opportunity to be based in Melbourne’s inner north if preferred.
It is a full time position (preferably) and a competitive annual salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideally, you will have the following attributes:
- PhD/higher-degree research experience in statistics, mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering, bioinformatics, or a related field.
- Advanced analytical/computational skills including expertise in platforms such as Python, Matlab, R, C/C++
- A deep understanding of machine learning, statistical modelling and prediction algorithms
- A keen interest and experience in “big data” and data visualisation.
- In addition is it essential that you have excellent problem solving and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
We are looking for scientists and engineers with specialisations in complex data analysis to join us early in the life of the company, and grow with us, sharing the rewards of success along the way.