Energy Market Analyst
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
Join the CS Energy team
Competitive salary and conditions
CS Energy is a Queensland Government owned energy provider with a generating portfolio that includes coal, pumped storage hydro and future-focused renewable and low emission generation technologies. Safety is our first priority. We are powered by experienced, skilled and talented people. Together, we strive to provide effective energy solutions and build a commercially viable and sustainable business for the benefit of our employees and the people of Queensland.
As the Energy Market Analyst you will be an integral member of CS Energy’s Energy Markets division, facilitating trading system enhancements and performing analysis that contributes towards the optimisation of CS Energy’s financial outcomes.
Major elements of this role include:
- Improvements to trading systems capability and efficiency;
- The development of reports and tools that facilitate informed trading decisions;
- Market and revenue forecasting for strategy development, commercial projects and business planning purposes; and
- Contribution to divisional reporting and business planning requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree Level qualifications in a quantitative discipline e.g. Mathematics, Engineering, Information Technology, Commerce, or Economics;
- Strong quantitative and logical reasoning skills;
- A high level of proficiency in the use of relevant software packages and IT systems, including Microsoft Excel, database applications (including use of SQL), and trading systems. Previous experience in the scoping, development and user acceptance testing of IT systems enhancements will be well regarded.
- Working knowledge of the operations and dynamics of the National Electricity Market;
- 3-5 years experience in a related role; and
- Well developed report writing skills, and the ability to convey complex ideas and concepts.