Graduate Development Program 2017
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
AEMO invite recent graduates to apply for the 2017 intake of the Graduate Development Program (GDP). AEMO’s hugely successful three-year GDP is designed to empower graduates to actively shape their future and help build a rewarding career in the energy industry. Our program offers exposure to real projects, with real responsibilities and the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by some of the top energy experts in the country. The program is delivered over a three-year period with four separate nine-month rotations across various departments within AEMO.
Through a structured rotation program, graduates have the opportunity to work across the entire business, building a solid foundation across gas and electricity operations and energy markets. Additionally, each graduate is provided with a comprehensive development program supported by a mentor, manager, and a buddy.
Working at AEMO is your opportunity to make a difference by contributing to the future of Australia’s energy industry. AEMO’s objectives are to promote efficient investment in, and operation of, Australia’s electricity and gas markets for the long-term interests of consumers with respect to price, quality, safety, reliability and security of energy supply.
We deliver an array of gas and electricity market, operational, forecasting and planning functions across the energy industry, including:
- Management of both wholesale and retail markets in electricity
and gas across eastern and south-eastern Australia.
- Overseeing the vital system operations and security of Australia’s National Electricity Market, Victorian gas transmission network and Western Australia’s Wholesale Electricity Market.
- Delivering essential planning advice and forecasting to guide long term investment in Australia’s energy network infrastructure and resource management.
- Consultation and close engagement with a wide range of industry and government stakeholders to further develop and improve Australia’s gas and electricity markets.
Positions are available in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Norwest, and Sydney in the following disciplines:
- Engineering (electrical, mechanical or chemical) – with a focus on power systems and/or gas operations.
- Economics/Econometrics/Commerce – analyse energy market trends, market design, supply and demand, market behaviour, and regulatory policy.
- Science/Mathematics/Statistics – use your analytical and modelling skills to analyse market metering, forecasting and planning data.
- Information Technology (IT) – support and enhance applications, datacentre infrastructure and energy management platforms.
AEMO is seeking graduates who meet the following criteria:
Recent completion (after December 2014) of a degree in one or more of the disciplines outlined above, with a GPA of seventy percent or higher. Your final academic transcript will be required as part of the application process.
Australian/New Zealand Citizenship or Australian permanent residency status.
Commitment to undertake a permanent role on a full-time basis from February 2017.
Flexibility may be required to work in different office locations from time to time to accommodate business requirements.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Strong team player with the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships.
Delivery and outcome focused.
Stakeholder focused with the ability to work confidently with both internal and external networks.
Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.
Visit our Graduate Website for an overview of past graduate experiences and testimonials.
Our Commitment to You
You will become part of a professional, intelligent and motivated workforce that is culturally and geographically diverse. Our people are highly skilled and well regarded within the energy industry, providing you with opportunities to learn and develop.
You will be offered attractive remuneration and benefits package including salary continuance insurance, study assistance, an annual health and wellbeing program and an active social club.
AEMO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from indigenous Australians.