This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
The Bureau of Meteorology provides the opportunity to grow, to learn, to innovate, to succeed and to build a stimulating and rewarding career. Applications are now open for our 2016 Graduate program, with opportunities for those with a major in physical science or mathematics, with completion of study in mathematics and physics to second year university level, who have either recently graduated or will be graduating this year. As a graduate you’ll start out as a weather forecaster, as you learn more about this fascinating field of scientific endeavour, you may have the opportunity to specialise in areas like Tropical Meteorology, Services to the Defence Forces, Meteorological and Oceanographic Analysis or Climatology.
Due to our size, diversity and extensive network of offices across Australia, there are excellent opportunities for promotion and to build a successful and rewarding career. Look forward to a salary of $53,372 whilst training, an advance in salary when you successfully complete your training, and comprehensive relocation assistance if you need to relocate for training or to transfer to your posting location. We offer competitive working conditions, support and a great team people who love what they do. Successful applicants will need to be available to commence the Graduate Meteorology program in Melbourne in January 2016.
What we offer:
– 9-month accredited graduate diploma in meteorology
– Dynamic and challenging learning environment
– Use of advanced technologies and innovative techniques in weather forecasting
– Clear career pathway with excellent promotional opportunities
– National network of offices and relocation opportunities
– Competitive salaries and conditions of employment
– A generous employer contributed superannuation scheme
– Relocation benefits and assistance for interstate applicants
– Salary advancement upon completion of training
What we are looking for:
– Graduates with relevant tertiary studies in atmospheric science, physical science or mathematics
– Motivated individuals with a passion for meteorology
– Flexible attitude, a willingness to relocate and undertake shift work
– Australian citizenship or permanent residency
How to Apply
To find out more about our Graduate Meteorology positions, view the selection criteria and apply online visit the Graduate Meteorology vacancy on our website at www.bom.gov.au/careers/graduates.shtml