Health Data Analyst/Biostatistician
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
Purpose of Position
Work in collaboration with staff to define and create core content of timely, high quality public reports and information products on the performance of the NSW public health system in areas identified as priority in the work plan.
Undertake statistical analyses of population-based administrative data and/or survey data and support high level interpretation of those analyses, in order to:
(a) evaluate performance of the public health system;
(b) identify important trends, opportunities for service improvement and potential impact of policy change; and
(c) benchmark the performance of the system through comparisons.
Contribute to the appropriate positioning of the Bureau as a respected provider of information to the community, clinicians and the NSW Government on the performance of the NSW public sector health system.
This position is Temporary Part Time, up to 12 months, working 32 hours per week and classified as Health Manager Level 2.
1. Experience and I or training with SAS or a similar statistical software package.
2. Experience conducting statistical analyses, particularly of large datasets, using a range of analytic tools and methodologies.
3. Experience undertaking temporal and case-mix and/or survey data analyses, as well as interpretation of those analyses.
4. Experience collaborating with others to create information that directly informs efforts to improve health care.
5. Knowledge of health care data collections including their strengths and limitations is desirable
6. Experience developing and validating methods and measures to improve public reporting of health system performance is desirable
7. Ability to self-motivate, operate with minimal supervision, prioritise workloads, manage time and collaborate with a highly skilled team to deliver a portfolio of projects.
8. Relevant graduate and/or post graduate qualification, and / or equivalent relevant experience
If you are interested in being part of a vibrant team committed to outstanding performance, this is a great opportunity, so make your application count – ensure you address the selection Criteria.
Closing Date: 19 April 2015
NSW Health Service: Employer of Choice
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.