Manager, Education and Training Statistics
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
Established in 2000, the Social Research Centre is Australia’s leading provider of social research services. We provide the social research community with access to world-class survey research and a full range of survey design, survey data management, statistical consulting, analytical thinking and qualitative skills. As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian National University (ANU), we enjoy unprecedented access to ANU researchers and ANU’s world class research environment.
Leading a small team, this strategically important research role will be responsible for continuing to expand the Social Research Centre’s presence and enhance our reputation in the broad area of education and training research.
The main focus of this position is to service established contracts with educational authorities, including the Department of Education & Training, the Education Departments in several States, the National Centre for Vocational Education Research and almost all higher education institutions across Australia.
As a lead expert in the area of collecting, processing and presenting data you will:
- Develop and implement data management models for the production and support of high quality data outputs from various data collection methods, mainly in the field of educational policy and evaluation;
- Process data for research analysis and prepare files to a standard suitable for lodgement with the Australian Data Archives;
- Ensure that inputs to and outputs from the data collection process are undertaken within a framework of continuous improvement and with a focus on maximizing both quality and efficiency;
- Support research staff and end-user clients in the execution of projects;
- Lead authorship of high quality and detailed research and analytical reports.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent level of expertise gained in a large and complex work environment
- Demonstrated advanced experience and knowledge of data analysis methodology and use of analytical tools and market research software such as SPSS, SAS as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and other software that is relevant to projects
- Demonstrated high level experience and skills to consistently produce high quality data outputs in a timely and effective manner, including a strong understanding of data manipulation and complex data structures
- Working knowledge of approaches to sampling and weighting
- Exceptional attention to detail with a real focus on quality with the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports
- Sound time management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines are essential
- Experience working in the tertiary education sector and a knowledge of administrative collections such as HEIMS or AVETMISS is desirable
To apply and for more information:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and responses to the selection criteria to: email@example.com. Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.