Model Validation Analyst
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
Risk Model Validation Analyst
- Exciting role in a specialised team
- Significant future career prospects
- Adelaide based
The Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group provides banking products and services to the Australian community. As part of our journey toward Basel II advanced accreditation, an exciting opportunity has become available to join our Risk Model Validation team as a Risk Model Validation Analyst.
The Risk Model Validation team sits within the Group Risk Division of the Bank to deliver independent validation requirements across multiple risk streams, including in support of Basel II Advanced Accreditation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Model Validation, the Risk Model Validation Analyst will be responsible for helping to maintain, improve and execute the Bank’s risk model validation framework, standards and processes. This will include supporting the analysis, validation and reporting of risk model performance such that management can have confidence in the level of model risk to which the organization is exposed.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the maintenance and execution of risk model validation processes, and providing input into ongoing development and refinement of risk model monitoring, validation and reporting frameworks and methodologies;
- Oversight of ongoing risk model monitoring and reporting;
- Ongoing management and maintenance of the Risk Models Inventory
- Administrative support for the Risk Models Committee, which provides advice and recommendations to Risk Management and Board committees for all APRA Regulatory Risk Models and Risk Management Decision-Making Models;
- Supporting risk model validations consistent with APRA and Basel II advanced accreditation guidelines and industry leading edge techniques.
To be successful in this role, you will hold a degree specialising in mathematics, statistics, econometrics, operations research, actuarial science, computer science, commerce and/or banking & finance. Strong computer literacy is essential, and experience in a quantitative/analytic environment is highly desirable. Your strong communication skill and ability to engage and influence at senior levels will also be a key selection criteria.
Desirable skills include:
- Basic knowledge of financial products and/or quantitative modelling in the financial industry.
- Proficient in mathematics and statistics with a basic awareness of risk model management.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-orientated, collaborative environment is essential.
- Solution and outcome focused, with a high degree of quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, numerical, research and problem solving skills.
- Well developed interpersonal, written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to execute tasks effectively in a high profile and high pressure environment is crucial.
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications.
- Above average computer skills, including SAS / SQL / VBA /Matlab programming skills, or an ability to attain within a short time-frame.
- Experience drafting reports and presentations for senior management
- Previous experience in financial services working on risk, capital, pricing and/or cash flow models.
- Experience/exposure to database software and/or database query tool such as SAS, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MS Access and etc.