This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
Our client is a leading Australian bank with a vast international presence. The exceptional reputation leading its recent growth, this bank is a market leader in retail, business, corporate and institutional banking. This large organisation continues to grow and build for the future. They have a great culture and proven track record of supporting their staff.
About the role
They are looking for a candidate with a strong numerical and statistical background with relevant work experience, being exposed to financial markets and a variety of banking products. This market leader is currently looking for a Derivatives specialist to join their confirmations team. Your role will be critical to the success and ongoing growth of a business that is looking to grow.
- Confirmations of Derivative products
- Cross training across Fixed Income and Equities
- Investigation and resolution of failed trades and working directly with counter parties and other internal departments.
- Involvement in various adhoc projects and process improvement
- MUST have a minimum of 18 months experience, ideally with Derivatives. However, Fixed Income or Equities will be considered.
- Exposure to Banking products and financial markets
- Relevant tertiary education in finance or mathematics
- The candidate must be a team player capable of working under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, able to interact with other departments.
- Ability to use Excel and Access to intermediate level
- The role provides an excellent chance for an ambitious candidate to further their own skills in a fast moving business. Providing a perfect platform for career progression working amongst a successful and motivated team.