Reserving Actuarial Analyst
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.
Who we are
Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With about 60,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services.
A key objective of this position is assist with key aspects of the insurance liability valuation, maintain and improve actuarial and financial data, and provide financial information to key finance areas of Zurich to support financial reporting requirements.
Key challenges will be:
- Ensuring that data is accurate and consistent and issues either managed or escalated on a timely basis
- Providing necessary level of service to internal stakeholders and overseas Zurich Group entities
- Data extraction from SAP, Polisy and other relevant systems, and data manipulation and analysis for the purpose of financial reporting and valuations
- Providing finance actuarial information for financial and management reporting
- Supporting production of formal statutory reports
- Supporting liaison with Corporate Centre and Regional management with valuation and reporting matters
- Providing actuarial support to ad-hoc projects
Your knowledge & skills
Your ability to work well in a team environment coupled with your excellent written and oral communication skills will see you well suited to this position. You will join a high performing dedicated team; therefore your passion to build on team success is a must. You have a strong academic record. in mathematics, actuarial studies or similar discipline. You have recently graduated or may have worked in the financial services sector for around 12 -18 months and looking to build your career in the insurance sector. Exposure to SAS programming an advantage. Proficiency with Excel essential.
It is essential you meet the requirements to be admitted as a student member of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia or equivalent.
Culture & Benefits
In return for your commitment and hard work Zurich can offer you competitive remuneration, an excellent bonus structure, an annual $500 lifestyle payment and employee discounts. In addition we provide a strong learning environment with opportunities for career development. Zurich also offers you support to study and complete actuarial exams to qualify as an actuary. Zurich is proud of its corporate and social responsibility and offers permanent employee an annual volunteer day.